Technical Writer (x/f/m) for aerospace technical publications
Technical occupations (other)
The Schiebel Group of companies is a world-wide high-tech electronic enterprise for Unmanned Air Systems (CAMCOPTER(R) S-100) and Mine Detection Systems.
As a technical writer you will develop, produce and write technical publications, such as operations and maintenance manuals for the CAMCOPTER(R) S-100 UAS and Mine Detection Systems. In the process of authoring you will work in close cooperation with technical operations, maintenance, quality and engineering managers to create Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP). Working within an aerospace technical publications environment requires following standards such as ASD S1000D and STE-100.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write and edit technical documents including work instructions, user guides and maintenance manuals.
- Create documentation in close collaboration with subject matter experts and technical staff.
- Work with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to help readers to understand a product or a process.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards and company policies.
- Take existing and potential content and improve it.
- Gather feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents.
- Help other writers in creating documentation.
- You have an associate's degree in a technical field OR at least two (2) years' work experience in a related field.
- You have excellent language skills in German and English (both are required).
- You are able to understand and explain complex technical concepts.
- You have technical accuracy in writing user documentation and you are detail oriented.
- It is beneficial if you bring knowledge of the ASD S1000D and STE-100 standard.
- You have a solid grip on documentation publishing software such as HiCO ILS Suite or any other content management system.
- You bring good working knowledge of MS Office.
What we offer:
- A flexible working environment, including home office and multiple company locations (Vienna, Wiener Neustadt).
- Open feedback culture and solution oriented working environment.
- Employee development and training programs.
- Working on the pulse of cutting-edge technology in the unmanned aerial system branch.
- Benefits such as meal subsidy, fresh fruit and team building events.
The annual gross salary is based on the applicable Collective Agreement of the Metal Industry for salaried employees. There is a willingness to overpay depending on your qualifications and work experience.
We live and breathe diversity. If you are interested in landing your dream job in technical writing we are looking forward to receiving your application even if you don't meet all the criteria listed in our advertisement. Visit us on our Homepage and Karriere.at! Here you will find information about our offers for employees and insights into our corporate culture.
Team Leader Documentation Services
Wir arbeiten eng mit den Fachabteilungen zusammen und dokumentieren die neuesten Entwicklungen.