Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Join us as a RAM Engineer in Vienna, Austria and you will be looking at a career-defining role.
Purpose of the Job
As a RAM Engineer you will perform RAMS analyses and produce related deliverables in accordance with QCD commitments on the project(s)/program(s) as well as apply the applicable Alstom Engineering/RAMS processes & instructions
- Perform the RAMS analyses they oversee, as per the applicable instructions/processes and other specific requirements committed to the Customer.
- Deliver RAMS analyses compliant with QCD work packages commitments.
- Address Customer/Independent parties' comments to get its approval on the RAMS deliverables within the limits of Alstom commitments.
- To contribute to the assessment of the RAMS performance of the product and to the upstream identification of the necessary RAMS requirements to ensure the achievement of the RAMS targets.
- Apply the Alstom/Engineering rules & processes to their activities those dedicated to RAMS activities.
- To report the progress of his/her activities and alert the Train/Subsystem RAM/Safety Engineer/Manager and N+1 in case of difficulty.
- To have a pro-active challenging view on the RAMS data/results they handle to enhance the adequacy/consistency of the RAMS studies and requirements.
- To seek for the technical understanding of the Alstom products in order to better assess their safety performance and potential areas of improvement.
- To adopt a product-oriented mind-set in performing their studies to foster the capitalisation of the results of the studies towards the product RAMS performance.
- Engineering degree and System, Electrical, Electronics, Electromechanical engineering knowledge
- 5 years of experience
- Rolling-stock Engineering/Validation (you will be trained to RAMS competency)
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Time management skill
- Sense of priorities
- Structured and organised with hands-on approach
- English operational in reading and writing for technical documentation
- German intermediate level.
The minimum salary for this position is EUR 3500 gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow's mobility. That's why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?