Category Manager Chemicals & Plastics
- Develop, communicate and implement procurement strategies for the respective raw materials
- Perform purchase negotiations (spot purchases + longterm contracts) as well as the preparation of supply contracts that meet the requirements of the internal customers
- Supplier Relationship Management: Optimize supplier portfolio, permanent analysis of the relevant raw material markets
- Identifying saving potentials and implementation of derived saving actions and the communication and presentation of the results to the relevant stakeholders
- Auditing and developing of existing and potential suppliers
- Find, evaluate and implement new raw materials that have a high sustainable footprint (e.g. recycled plastics and recycled chemicals)
- Coordination of all sustainability topics within the global Semperit Procurement Team (main Procurement contact to ECOVADIS and TfS)
- Minimum Master degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (University, University of applied science,...)
- First experience within the Group Procurement of a global operating organization, preferably in raw materials purchasing are an advantage but not mandatory
- Very good MS Office skills
- SAP experience advantageous
- Assertiveness and strong implementation skills
- High level of analytical thinking
- Very good English and German skills
We offer you:
- An international environment with production sites in Europe (Austria, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary), Asia (China, India, Malaysia, Thailand) and America (USA).
- Good development opportunities and comprehensive further training are guaranteed.
- An interesting challenge with attractive general conditions within the Semperit Group.
- Flexible working hours and home office
Gross monthly salary: from EUR3,400.00 (according to collective agreement, full-time), overpayment possible depending on professional qualifications and experience.
Location: our brand-new head office (QBC) at the central railway station (Hauptbahnhof)
Semperit at a Glance
The publicly listed Semperit AG Holding company is an internationally-oriented group that develops, produces, and sells highly specialised rubber products for the medical and industrial sectors: examination and surgical gloves, hydraulic and industrial hoses, conveyor belts, escalator handrails, construction profiles, cable car rings, and products for railway superstructures.
The headquarters of this long-standing Austrian company, which was founded in 1824, are located in Vienna, and the global R & D centre is in Wimpassing, Lower Austria. The Semperit Group employs around 6,900 people worldwide, including close to 3,600 in Asia and approximately 900 in Austria (Vienna and production site Wimpassing, Lower Austria). The group has 15 manufacturing facilities worldwide and numerous sales offices in Europe, Asia, America and Australia.
In 2020, the group generated revenue of EUR 927.6 million and an adjusted EBITDA of EUR 208.6 million.
Semperit AG Holding • Am Belvedere 10 • 1100 Wien • Österreich • www.semperitgroup.com