JTI - Japan Tobacco International - is a leading international tobacco company with headquarters in Geneva. As part of the JT-Group, JTI sells its brands in more than 130 countries with around 44,000 employees in over 70 countries worldwide.
We develop, test and bring to market new and innovative forms of Reduced Risk Products (RRP), such as e-cigarettes, tobacco vapor products and other alternative nicotine delivery systems.
In Vienna we are about to enforce our R&D strength by transferring our Product & Technology Development Capabilities for our Reduced Risk Products (RRP) into a newly formed organization. Therefore, we are looking for a cooperative, analytical-minded and results-oriented professional for the role of
Environmental Health & Safety Manager (f/m/d)
What will you do?
You will …
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 requirements
- Plan, organize and manage all EHS programs, processes and activities
- Define EHS procedures in conjunction with development team & create and implement KPI's for EHS, quality assurance and quality control
- Develop and maintain compliance programs to create and maintain a culture of environmental, health, and safety awareness.
- Execute internal trainings of new entries to assure a high level of know-how regarding EHS requirements and train all employees on specific chosen topics in the area of EHS management.
- Participate in analyzing root causes of problems found and assist in developing countermeasures to remove the causes
- Provide robust guidance to the Senior Management and Operational teams ensuring effective management of technical compliance and commercial necessity
- Work closely with relevant local and global EHS teams
- Carry out risk assessments and evaluation of risk level for equipment and/or working places (identify, assess, control)
- Set up and sustain a 5S environment to improve safety and efficiency within the lab
- Ensure the lab establishes and maintains a calibration and maintenance program for lab equipment
Who are we looking for?
- Hands-on work experience in industrial, lab or clinical environments at least 3 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Health & Science, Engineering, Environmental & Health Management or other related field
- Knowledge of cGMP/QSR, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and FDA device/chemical regulations
- Knowledge of CORESTA Standards as well as ISO 9001 would be a plus
- Experience in the development and maintenance of an integrated Management System
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement or LEAN management
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills, used to work in a cross-functional and multi-national team
- Analytical mind and problem-solving altitude
We offer you attractive working conditions in an international company with modern equipment in Vienna`s 16th district (next to Ottakring station). In addition to extensive social benefits, a total annual gross salary of at least EUR 62.000 is provided for this position if the requirements are met. Depending on qualification and previous experience, the willingness to overpay is given.
Join our team and take advantage of the excellent development and career opportunities at one of Austria's and Europe's top employers.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? We look forward to receiving your application in English!