Senior Expert Engineering (m/f/d), 80-100%, Global Drug Development, Schaftenau, Austria
300 million! This is the number of people worldwide who are suffering from autoimmune disease and who would benefit from less expensive medication. As Senior Expert Engineering (m/f/d), you will be responsible to drive the seamless integration of advanced technologies in collaboration with other discipline teams and partners, to enable biologics manufacturing. You will influence and manage all project activities and apply scientific/technical expertise & leadership to address complex engineering issues/topics in development and manufacturing.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive the development of innovative, sustainable, cost-effective and standardized biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and prepare the organization for current and future challenges/opportunities in process development and manufacturing
• Proactively identifies scientific and technological challenges and proposes solutions
• Supports technology evaluations and proactively identifies and realizes project opportunities for Intellectual Property
• Leads designated projects and initiatives throughout their lifecycle in alignment with defined goals to achieve milestones, deliverables and budgets
• Planning and execution of CAPEX projects including managing budgets and resource needs
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of global engineering standards and harmonization by ensuring close cross-departmental collaboration and alignment
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in Biochemical/Biotechnology Engineering (Dipl. Ing, B.Sc, M.Sc) or equivalent
• 5+ years of relevant technical and cross-cultural senior engineering & leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Fluent in English and German (written and spoken)
• Extensive knowledge of biopharmaceutical process operations, equipment design and operations including practical GMP engineering experience
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of scientific principles and concepts in chemical / pharmaceutical / biological sciences as well as a good understanding of cGMPs, industry and regulatory standards and guidelines
• Good interpersonal skills coupled with demonstrated networking capacities to ensure effective working in a matrix organization and a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Strong skills in communicating and collaborating online
• Willingness to travel (up to 15%)
• Experience with Emerson DeltaV platform and a basic knowledge of OSI-Soft Pi historians is beneficial
• Working with internal and external project groups and leading them
• Certifications in Six Sigma, project management or Operational Excellence
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is EUR 52.204,04/year (on a full time basis). In most cases, the actual salary will be higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network